Penny Hunking provides some SMART goals to help you eat well and move more
- Just 3 in 10 adults aged 19-64 years and 4 in 10 adults over 65 years meet the 5-A-Day recommendation1
- A significant number of adults spend large amounts of time in sedentary behaviours during their leisure-time and across the entire day2
- SMART goals do not need to be perfect!
- Set 2 or 3 goals at a time – then set more when you have achieved them
1. National Diet and Nutrition Survey: Results from Years 1-4 (combined) of the Rolling Programme (2008/2009 – 2011/12)
2. Sedentary Behaviour and Obesity: Review of the Current Scientific Evidence. Department of Health. 2010